Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Travel day again 5/26/15

Today we traveled from Fairbanks to Denali. We started the day with a final breakfast buffet in the Fairbanks lodge and then boarded the bus for our 3 hour ride to Denali. I was really nervous about this because I get carsick easily. They planned a stop in the town of Nenana which was about halfway and unfortunately the entire time the tour guide and bus driver narrated. I was glad to hear some things but at some point I just wanted peace and quiet. Here are a few pictures of scenery along the way.






We did however finally make it to Denali and I am glad to report I did not get carsick. I did see a moose way off in the distance but it was quick and far away for photo op.

So here we are at Denali Princess Lodge. This is a nice hotel with a little shopping center across the street and great views in the back.

This is one of the shops I visited ....and made a purchase!

 Couple of goofballs we met along the way....
After shopping Pat and I went into the hot tub which overlooks the river and mountains. It was fantastic!
Then it was off to dinner at the Music of Denali dinner show. This was not even worth commenting on as it was the probably the worst dinner show I have ever seen. Food was just ok too.

Tomorrow it is another early day.... breakfast at 6am and our Tundra Wilderness tour starts at 7:10am. A long day....8 hours on a schoolbus in search of wildlife and Mt. McKinley.

We did get a faint glimmer of Mt McKinley on the bus ....here is the best picture I could get as we were traveling. Just look for what appears to be white clouds ...they tell me that it the mountain.


No comments:

Post a Comment