Thursday, May 28, 2015

Denali - part 2 5/27/15

After our tour into Denali park we decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and book a helicopter tour with a glacier landing. I was a little nervous about going in a helicopter as I have never been but my mother in law said she did it and I knew then that I could handle it as she can barely handle Soarin' at  Disney. We were picked up around 4pm and brought about a mile down the road for our safety briefing and check in. We were given boots to put over our shoes to help grip when we were on the glacier and off we went....






 This was the most amazing experience. The peacefulness and quiet that is felt when you are out in the middle of this beautiful state is awe inspiring. I am so glad that we did this. It is truly the only way to see Alaska!

For those of you who know Chris you know he is an avid photographer so here are a few shots of him today...

We finished off our anniversary with a wonderful dinner with our friends, Pat and Bill at the King Salmon restaurant where Chris finally got his crab legs. They presented us with a little anniversary gift which was a cross stitch Pat had make of the word Alaska which included pictures and names of all the places we would visit. It was beautiful and I can't wait to make a wall hanging with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment