Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday...

Today we went to Animal Kingdom. I wanted to see the procedures that they show in the animal hospital but we got there just as they were finishing up with a turkey and his bandaged foot. Chris wanted to take some pictures. Ok well maybe a lot of pictures. We did however get fast passes from the central fast pass station which was good because you can get more than one. We did Expedition Everest and the Sarangeti Safari ride.
For lunch we decided to go to Port Orleans food court. It was a long bus ride for a mediocre lunch. It was ok but I am really not digging the dining plan we picked. I just don't care for the counter service stuff. I miss my sit down lunches. I think next time we need to do the deluxe plan.
After lunch we headed back to the hotel and I went to the pool for a bit. Chris took a nap. Then we headed to the Polynesian for one of my favorite dinners....Kona Cafe. We stopped and had a drink at the Tambu Lounge and met a nice couple from Boston who were on their honeymoon. Our dinner was great. Chris was able to get the noodle dish he loves which wasn't quite the same but better than the last time. I had my favorite teryiaki steak and then we tried to finish dessert.
It was raining a bit so we headed back to the hotel because we have to get up early tomorrow. We are doing the Backstage Safari tour at Animal Kingdom at 8:30am. Can't wait!
One note... the monorail was PACKED! I think everyone has the dining plan and all the restaurants are full especially in the resorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment