Monday, May 31, 2010

Our day at sea was very uneventful… We had lunch in the Coral dining room which was great. We sat with a couple from NJ and another family from NY. I would say that 80% of this ship is from NY or NJ. They were nice and lunch was awesome, we had appetizers, lunch, dessert, etc. Then we split up for a while. I watched the movie Invictus while sitting by the pool. This was great just wish the movie was better. One thing about this ship is I guess it is the largest Princess ship and there is WAY more people than we are used to. Some of our new friends complained about that too. It hadn’t really bothered me until I went to find a pool chair. The mass of people was amazing. I found that if you go up after2pm it is easier. The pool water was cold too…just the way I like it.
On our way to dinner we stopped by the photo wall and picked up a couple more photos. We then took another set on the way to dinner. Tonight despite the scary menu, we ate in the Coral dining room. When I say scary I just mean that there wasn’t a lot of items we would normally choose. We once again sat with a couple from NY and another from Long Island. One couple had been on the Disney ships and loved them so we had a lot to talk about. For dinner I stuck with the filet medallions which I really didn’t care for. Chris tried the beef and sausage jambalaya. We had escargot for appetizer and French onion soup too. This was the French Mediterranean dinner. Chris split the frog legs with one of our table mates just to try them. I couldn’t even look at them.
After dinner we headed to the bars for all the game shows. First it was Liar’s Club in which you had to pick which panelist was telling the truth and then we went to the Passengers Feud. They were fun to watch. At 10:30pm we had to go have our piece of pizza. We couldn’t let the day go by without having some. We also picked up some popcorn at the movie. We went back down to watch the karaoke and lip sync shows and finished up with watching the band for a while. Overall nice quiet day at sea. Today we will arrive in San Juan at 1:30pm. We are going to meet up with Bill and Pat to go explore the forts. Bill thinks we can use his senior discount to get in free. Chris warned them already that this is a photo opportunity for him and I am just glad I will have someone to talk to while he is taking pictures. Also at some point last night we hit the humidity line. Up until now the air has been very dry and cool. Now you can really feel the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment